Pages

Thursday, 25 October 2012

5 card Flickr


5 Card Flickr

“Do you like your pasta?” my shrivelled old great aunt asked poking her long crooked nose in my face, inwardly I groaned was she ever going to leave me alone? She had been asking me things all night and to be honest I was fed up of answering her endless questions I swear if I didn’t stop talking soon I would lose my voice “Kim, KIM!” her frail old voice snapped me out of my inner dialogue “yyes its lovely thanks” I stuttered startled. Don’t get me wrong I was glad that she had let me stay with her for the weekend while my parents were in Paris, they had gotten a discount for going on Halloween- this meant however that they could not be there for my birthday,(31st October) I didn’t blame them though they deserved  a break, “do you want to go out with your friends now?” my great aunt asked “you don’t mind?” I asked startled “no ,no you’re probably fed up of being cooped up with an old codger like me on your birthday” she joked “no of course not  and you’re not an old codger” I replied “but I do want to see Christie though” “ok be safe” my aunt called after me. I huddled down in my rain coat hiding from the cold rain as I left my aunts tall, black apartment building it was an amazing sight on Halloween as it had been decorated perfectly with the scariest pumpkins I had ever seen and one person had even put a picture of a lizard in their window a lizard! Why would someone put a lizard in their window I wondered as I walked along.
Ding dong I heard Christie’s bell from outside her house, I waited for what seemed like ages and just when I was turning to walk back down her cobble stone path I heard her big heavy door creak open “Kim” I heard a chorus of voices squeal I turned and was almost instantly jumped on/hugged by Christies 3 little brothers “Sam ,Max ,Jacob leave Kim alone” I heard Christies exasperated mum shout just as Christie came running along the path sweeping me along with her “keep close and don’t look back or you’ll never escape the monsters” Christie whispered “you should really give your brothers a break as far as I can see there nothing like you make out” I whispered back “that’s because when your around they act like little angels” she retorted finally talking at full volume “so what’s on the agenda birthday girl?” she questioned “that’s what I was about to ask you” I answered “well we could always go and see thatnew boy band playing at the theatre” she suggested “yeah that would be fun except that you need tickets” I pouted “well it a good job I’ve got two and backstage passes” she said as she whipped them out of her bag and waved them in my face “OMG how did you get those” I half screamed “I bought them as your birthday present surprise!” she explained “thank you, thank you, thank you!” I chanted “let’s go” we went to the concert and i danced all night it was the best birthday ever !

No comments:

Post a Comment